Offline Retail Market
Business Featured

Amazon Enters Offline Retail Market through India

Amazon released a range of new items this week at a press conference in the U.S., however it is getting further into Offline Retail Market in the Indian market, and half way over the world.

The e-commerce tycoon in the U.S. is purchasing up 49% of More under an agreement that monitors Amazon partner and PE organizations Samara Capital get the rest of the 51%. Samara and Amazon have made an element called Witzig Advisory Services Private Limited which will hold the key stake in the deal, which is allegedly worth around US$585 million as per Indian media.

The deal is critical in a sense that it speaks about a noteworthy move for Amazon in physical retail in India, which is one of the best in class worldwide markets. It did, obviously, hop into offline sales in the U.S. when it took over Whole Foods for some US$16 billion a year ago and this India-based takeover is as strategic.

Further Details on Amazon Offline Retail Market:

Amazon is competing with Flipkart for gaining a lead in India’s e-commerce sector, which is tipped to grow four-times to reach US$150 billion by the 2022 end, as per an ongoing report from PWC. The India competition got a gigantic lift when it was purchased by Walmart, Amazon’s central opponent in the U.S, in a US$17 billion agreement, in the beginning of this year.

That takeover got Walmart into India’s web based business space and it likewise introduces a chance to go further and move into other developing markets utilizing Flipkart’s experience and tech, which is something that Walmart has stated it is excited to tap into.

Rohit Bhisey
With more than 10 years’ experience in the field of Internet marketing and market research, Rohit’s passion lies in understanding the global and regional trends across multiple industries and scrutinizing their impact at various levels. His attention to detail and his perseverance shine through in highly analytical articles as presented on Transparency Journal.

Leave a Reply